Monday 20 August 2012

"Where we are would be Paradise to me, if you would only make it so."

Welcome to my blog, and this is my first ever post so here's wishing me luck!

So here's a bit about why I decided to start this blog:

If you only do one constructive thing today let it be watching this video, it's what made me realise that we have to change our ways and inspired me to set up this blog.




I have always loved and enjoyed nature but it wasn't until I studied a university module on Climate Change for history that I became really passionate about making a difference, however small. I want to be able to say to my grandchildren, when we can really see the negative effects of our actions on this world, that I tried to make a difference and that I wanted to bring change. In this blog I want to share with you my own personal experiences with trying to become a greener, better person and hopefully encourage you to attempt this also!  Also I'm going to explore all kinds of issues surrounding the environment, wildlife and other world problems and examine the various ways we (individually and as group) can address these. I want to show to you that Anthropogenic Climate Change (man made climate change) is a real and very serious problem and like all the issues illustrated in the video needs to be addressed by us now. If I can convince just one other person that climate change is real and that action needs to be taken I will be satisfied!

I'll try not to be too serious though, I want this to be a fun, personal, educational and interesting blog!

P.S. The quotes are from Thomas Hardy, one of my all time favourite authors. He had an appreciation of nature and I felt these quotes (my blog title and this post title) fitted quite well.


No comments:

Post a Comment