Tuesday 21 August 2012

Our Glorious English Summer

So yeah we've been having some pretty terrible and confusing weather this summer, even for Britain's standards! I immediately thought, as I listened in dismay to the pounding of rain on my bedroom roof in July, that these were likely to be the effects of human caused global warming and look who agrees with me! Read here

Scientists have explained that one of the likely effects of anthropogenic climate change is that dryer places will get dryer (hence why global warming is such an issue for Africa) and wetter places will get wetter. This could already be happening in the UK. It's easy for us not to think about climate change or the future problems it will cause because it seems so distant and unlikely to ever effect us. But it seems to me that we are already being very much affected by it. It isn't an invisible issue even though w continue to treat it as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment