Friday 24 August 2012

“I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want.”

(Andy Warhol quote)

I found this artwork on StumbleUpon (unfortunately don't know who created it, please let me know if it's yours!) depicting the pollution we're doing to our planet. Interesting take on it I think, and pretty horrifying too. I feel it portrays humanity sitting idly by whilst seeing this pollution and destruction in front of us. Also it's evident this dark encroaching mass of industry and pollution is going to have a big impact on us soon. Humankind is literally on the edge of disaster. We have wrought and twisted the world into something unnatural and dirty. What do you think? Comments and debate welcome!



On a slightly lighter note, this was also on Twitter today, whatever your views on the environment and world issues you'll agree with these things, check it out (also I'm loving the Games of Thrones references!): 26 Things We Can All Agree On

No comments:

Post a Comment